How do I search for journalists?
Make sure you’re registered for an active account and logged in to JustReachOut platform. Follow these steps:
- Navigate to https://justreachout.io
- Type in a term which you’d like to target your search around. This term needs to relate to a piece of news or a topic widely covered in the media which related to what you do. An example might be: “data breach” if you’re a cyber security firm. Or “GDPR” if you’re a law practice.
- You might need to wait a few minutes as we compile our results.
- You’ll see a list of journalists for the term you searched for as well as latest articles they have written about this very term
- The article they have written is your tie in to start a conversation with that journalist about what they have written.
- Before you write your pitch pretend you’re sitting next to this journalist at a conference, you’ve never met them, what would you say face to face out loud to them. Be honest. Read your email pitch out loud. Would you say this to them out loud? If not change your pitch.
Here are a few guides to get your started on doing your own PR:What is PR Outreach and How Do I Do It?
Video: How to Start Conversations With Influencers
Video: How to Turn Conversations Into Relationships
A List of Best PR Strategies From 2018
Step By Step of How To Pitch Journalists
If you have questions about signing up please see Pricing Explained section.